Our association was formed in the year 1989 in the name and style APARTMENT BUILDERS ASSOCIATION with just 20 Members. Sri. Prabhat Kumar, being the Founder Chairman. Since then, Apartment Builders Association has been catering to the needs of its Member Builders in Visakhapatnam and has evolved as the only systematically functioning body to address the demands of our Industry.
Apartment Builders Association has been serving its Member Builders in Visakhapatnam in a very professional way under the able and efficient leaders, the Past Chairmen: Sri G.K.Narasimha Rao(Kotayya garu), Rtn.K.Ramabrahmam, Sri K.Subba Raju, Rtn.Ravi Godey, Sri K.S.Chandran, Sri G.Jagajeevan Babu, Sri G.Rama Rao, Sri M.V.V.Satyanarayana.
The Association has played an important role in the past having conveyed our concerns through representations, meetings and conducting workshops from time to time in the release of Master Plans, Building rules and regulations - G.O. nos : 301,302,302, 501, 502,71,72,73, 423, 678 and the current G.O. 168 which is in force.
Apart from representing our member's problems at the Government offices and other Departments, our Association has constantly been updating the members regarding the latest rules and regulations of the Government, changing trends in Construction, sharing of Market information, etc. A monthly bulletin by the name "VISAKHA VISION" was also started in the year 1997 to keep the members posted of the various news and developments. This is the brain child of our Member Late Rtn.B.R.Raju. Immediately after his taking over charge as the Secretary in 1997, he started this bulletin and made it very successful as a magazine.
Several seminars were conducted to create awareness in the society, some of the topics being:
- Housing & urbanization trends of Visakhapatnam by 2020 held in the year 1992
- Construction of Apartments & Quality Assurance in the year 2000
- Earthquake & Safety in Apartments Measures in the year 2001
- Urbanization - Impact of Greater Vishakha in the year 2003
- Our Association has also co-sponsored an International Seminar organized by the Department of Civil Engineering, Andhra University on the subject, Rehabilitation, Renovation & Repairs of Structures.
Apart from the above activities the Association has also served as a responsible body in the Society and has stood up for the various Social obligations, such as
- Construction of primary School near Thummapala village, Anakapalli District, which was washed away during floods in the 1990.
- Construction of Cobalt Therapy unit in K.G.H. for treatment of Cancer patients.
- Contribution for Prime Ministers Relief fund for the victims of Latur Earthquake
- Contribution for Chief Ministers Relief fund for the victims of Floods in the year 1996.
- Construction of Check Posts for restricting supply of Beach sand on the National Highway and on the Beach Road.
- Donating funds for construction of Police Officers Mess.
- Construction of toilets in Deaf & Dumb School.
- Our Association has donated Rs.10.00 Lakhs to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund to support the flood victims. The Demand Draft has been handed over to the then Hon’ble Chief Minister Sri K.Rosayya.
- Awarding Cash price to the toppers of Civil Engineering Students of various Colleges and instituted B.R. Raju Memorial Award by the Association for the topper of Architecture course.
- All the credit goes to our Association in solving the problems of power connections, B.P.S. etc., during years 2007-2008 and 2008-2009.
Having realised that by joining hands with CREDAI, our Association will have much more wider scope to our activities and reach at national level which would help us in representing the problems of Builder Members on National Forum as well, it was decided to join the national net work of CREDAI and to rename the Apartment Builders Association by registering the same as CREDAI VISAKHAPATNAM Chapter. Accordingly CREDAI VISAKHAPATNAM Chapter has been registered with Registrar of Associations, Visakhapatnam with Registered No.231 of 2010 on 21.04.2010. It is a great pride for the Members of CREDAI VISAKHAPATNAM Chapter that it is a Member of CREDAI, Andhra Pradesh and CREDAI A.P. is the Member of CREDAI, National.